Skip to main content

3rd Year Project: My Project Shoot Day 4

This shoot day was the most difficult of all in my production, due to the fact that it was going to be a very rushed shoot. It was an interview with someone who goes to the Lunch Club, but lives outside of Sittingbourne, so gets the train in. I wanted to get this interview to show that people do travel in order to come to the club. 

At first, there had been a misunderstanding, as I thought that he got the train at 10:10 in order to get to Sittingbourne for the club on a Wednesday, and the same time train on a Thursday when he goes to the Church for Communion. Because of this, one week me and my crew got to the train station where he gets on at about 9:30 so that we could get some footage of the train station, him arriving and walking along the platform and then getting on the train, where we would have a quick interview with him. However, he did not show up, and when I tried to phone him to ask where he was, his phone was going straight to voicemail. I eventually managed to contact him, and he clarified that he only gets the 10:10 train in order to go to the Lunch Club. When he is going to Communion on Thursdays, he gets the 8:43 train, so we had been about 40 minutes too late to meet him. Knowing this, the next week we arrived at the train station at about 8:20, however he didn't arrive until 8:40, so we had to really rush the shots with him on the platform.


As the train journey was only a few minutes, we also had to rush the interview questions, only shooting two takes, each only differing by a change of camera angle. When we got to Sittingbourne train station, we needed to do a couple more interview questions while walking, but as he was in a rush to get to the Church, we had to move quickly while conducting the interview, which caused the footage to come out be of poor quality, so I do not think that it is going to be included in my final piece. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and