Skip to main content

TV News: Helen's feedback

Today we had feed back from Helen about our news report, and what needs to be improved.

Hazlitt News Package
  • Needs more context through stats and statistics.
  • Be less formal and journalistic.
  • Find out how they have made the youth theatre commercially viable
  • See if we can talk to the art critic from the KM, who has reviewed the Hazlitt's shows in the past.
Fort Luton Live Report

We have had to abandon the Fort Luton shoot, because we did not prepare enough in time for the day the show was going to be put on there.

New Century Cinema Live Report

We decided to do a live report on the independent New Century Cinema, in Sittingbourne. It is still in line with our topic of arts in the South-East, and provides a different aspect to the performing arts that we'll show with the Hazlitt. The cinema can provide a social environment for kids, and help them get into cinema as an art form too. Also because the cinema is independent, we can talk about the issues the cinema has faced in the past and how it struggles to stay open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and