Skip to main content

TV news: Final idea

Eventually, we decided to go with Ollie's idea, which was looking into youth theatres, and the struggles of running those, and why young people should get involved with the performing arts, with some elements of Will's idea mixed into it. 

We chose to do this because it seemed that this would be the best topic to do as it's more relatable to the public.

Our plan is to film the live section of our show at the Hazlitt Theatre in Maidstone, as we all feel that this will make a better link to the topic of the show. At the Hazlitt theatre, we will also be filming some interviews with the actors in the youth club there, as they will be an extremely good source of information. We will be filming the package at either the Electric Palace cinema in Hastings, or Fort Luton, Chatham, due to there being a play on there in a few weeks. We have gotten in contact with all three of these locations, and are waiting to hear back from them. 

We didn't decide to go with my idea about now leopards being taken off of the endangered list because, despite it also being a significant story and one that is worth telling, but we don't have time to include it, and it doesn't mix well with the two ideas that me and Ollie have come up with. It is a good contingency plan, and will be good to fall back on if one of our ideas falls through.

Communication is going to be a key factor during this topic, as we will need to keep up to date with the people and places that we will be shooting at. if any of these fall through, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and