Skip to main content

Camera workshop: Piece to camera and Teleprompter practice

We were given a story that had been in the news recently about a new scheme that Arriva are using that will have free wifi accessible on their buses in certain areas, which include Gravesend, Bluewater and Northfleet. This was what we were going to be talking about while practicing with the cameras.
Wable to have another go at using the new Panasonic DVX 4K cameras, as well as get some practice as to how our pieces to camera will be shot. This also gives us an idea how the presenter of our show should act in front of the camera during these segments.

This is part of the piece that we shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWtsI_6wfw


We were also able to have a go at using a teleprompter, which is something that I have never had the opportunity to do before. A member of my group took the footage, which was shot in front of a green screen, and edited it so that there was a better background in place of the green screen.

This is the footage shot.

https://youtu.be/Rxl7-V_qtOo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and