Skip to main content

Fiction adaptation: Montage

We were tasked to create a montage using some stock footage, as this would be good practice for if we wanted to include some montage in our final films. We had a lecture about the different types of montage, and the different effects that they create in the audience, most of the time without words. An example of this is what Soviet filmmaker Lev Kuleshov did. He had a shot of a man's face, and then changed the shots that followed it. This caused the audience to put different meanings to the man's face, despite the shots of his face being the same one used in all three films. This is called the Kuleshov effect, and is a very effective form of montage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and