Skip to main content

3rd Year Project: My Project Shoot Day 1

Two weeks ago, I started my shoot week for my project. I was meant to start on Monday, however that shoot had to be cancelled, which I will talk about later in this post. also, because of the time of me getting the needed equipment, I moved one of the two shoots on the day to the next day.


The shoot was an interview at the house of one of the volunteers at the club, called Barbie. I chose to interview her as she has been a volunteer at the lunch club for almost the whole time that it has been active, plus the fact that she is the person who suggested helping out there to my nan, which she did. Me and my crew arrived at the location around midday, and took half an hour setting up the cameras and mics. we had a three camera setup, with the main camera, the Panasonic, being a wider shot than the other two, having Barbie's body in the frame. The second camera, a Sony, was on a close-up of Barbie's face, so that it could focus on her facial expressions. The third camera was a smaller Panasonic camera that I owned, which alternated between her facial expressions and her hand movements. 

The shoot went really well, and was done within the time that I had scheduled for it. When I put the footage onto my laptop, I had a look at it and the footage from all cameras looked really good, however due to the fact that they were different cameras, the footage looks slightly different, so it is going to be difficult to colour correct them to look more similar.

If I was to do this shoot again, I think I would have a few more questions for Barbie top ask so that I have got more options to put into the edit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and