Skip to main content

Pre-production: Lunch Club Visit 2

On the 31st October, I went back to the Lunch Club which is being the focus of my documentary in order to get some more information about the people who go there. I wanted to go more than once as I wanted to try and talk with people who hadn't been at the club the previous month. 

I spoke with one woman called Dee, and she was really friendly and informative. the reason why she started coming to the club was that she had recently moved to the area and did not know anyone, but heard about the club and thought it would be a good place to meet new people. She has not been coming to the club for over 5 years. it is this type of story that I want to show in my documentary. She is also on the ministry care team at the church, so she comes to the club partly for the meal and social aspect of it, but also to interact with the customers and see if they need anything that the care team can provide

One other person there was called Jean, and she was a volunteer, but I was not able to talk with her the previous month. She has been coming to the club for about 2 years, and originally came to the club as a customer, but one day she was asked to help out, and she just stuck with it. she told me that she really enjoys coming to the club and helping out the people who come to it. she told me that for most of the people who come here, both customer and volunteer, this is an important day for them.

I spoke with several other people, and was looking forward to coming to the club the next month

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and