Skip to main content

'As Live' Studio Production: Promos research

With the ideas that we have decided to carry out, we have all gone away to research potential locations that we could use to film them, along with possibly using some actors. 

With the group favourite idea of having a man steal a mannequin from a shop window, then wear the clothes while walking down the high street with flashes of a catwalk, I went to have a look at some local locations, and found some that were very good. 

One of these locations was the mens shop 'Burtons'. I chose to reccy this location due to it fitting well with the story that we want to convey to the audience. I had a talk with the manager about filming in the shop, but he said that he would have to check with his bosses, so i gave him my details, but have not heard back from him yet

I needed to try ad secure a back-up location in case 'Burtons' failed to deliver, so I knew of another shop a bit further down the high street called 'Empire', which is a shop that also sells quite a lot of male clothes. I went into the shop and asked the member of staff if it was possible to do some filming in the shop. He said that he would have to ask his brother, who was the manager of the shop, so I gave him my details and am still waiting to hear back from him

After this, I went into some charity shops to see if they had any spare mannequins, as we needed to try and secure one for the skit. However, all of the shops said that they did not have any male mannequins free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and