Skip to main content

As Live Studio Production: Promo shoot day 1

We had to go and shoot a mock up of one of the promos that are hopefully going to be used to promote the show a few days ago. The location that I had enquired about had not gotten back to me within the last few days, so I went into the shops to chase them up. Burtons were not going to allow me to use their shop to film in, however Empire allowed us to. This was great news as it also wasn't going to cost any money to use the shop, we would just need to provide some free publicity, as they only have a few shops. 

Empire had also agreed to let us use a mannequin, however this was changed when we told the owner what we planned to use the mannequin for, which was to run down the street with it. We understood why this was the case, as those mannequins cost over £600 each, and if we broke one, we would not be able to replace it. Because of this, I needed to find something else that we could use, and came upon a mannequin torso where I work, which was going to have to do for the test shoot. As we did not have anything to put on the mannequin to make it more appealing,. we used my jacket instead.

The whole crew arrived ready to shoot at 10:00 on Thursday morning, and we had a really successful shoot, with everyone contributing ideas for shots or steps for the actor to take. I was able to use a mannequin torso from where i work, and I think that this actually worked better than a full sized mannequin as it was much easier to run with. We managed to shoot the whole scene in around two hours, which was what I was aiming for. This was the first location for the promo, and the second half of it is being shot tomorrow at the UCA campus



Here is a quick rough cut of the first half of the promo, to see what it will hopefully look like when it is finished;


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and