Skip to main content

Screen writing - Beginning, middle and end

- Plot is what happens
- Story is significance of what happens
- Don't have 'and then' between plot points. Use 'but', 'therefore' etc. Include big 'buts'
- Characters should have twists eg undercover agent who refers gang over officers, bald man with a comb in his pocket
- Ending is the target of your story
- Character should be built up enough so that the audience can try and predict their actions
- Good openings throw up difficult choices and powerful conflicts
- 'Psycho' starts as a heist film, but dramatically twists the film into a horror film. Changes genre
- 'Tin Men' middle changes the significance of the story
- Endings are the biggest 'but' in the film
- Audiences love moments, and tend not to notice character and         plot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and