As I have only edited a few short films before, I felt like I needed to expand my knowledge on editing, so i researched some of the different techniques used, and why they are used to join certain shots together. One website that I found useful was https://blog.pond5.com/11099-13-creative-editing-techniques-every-video-editor-should-know/ This was because it has numerous examples of cuts, why they are used and also examples of films that they are in. Commonly, some types of cuts are used to signify the passing of time, and this can be done using a cross dissolve, or it can use the overlapping layers to show multiple stories or scenes happening at once, but shot at different times. On the other hand, using an extended shot, one which is done in one take, can create different ideas in the audience of what is going to happen. One of the most famous examples of this is the Copacabana scene in 'Goodfellas' . This scene is expertly shot, but the use of it in one tak...
Comments
Post a Comment