Skip to main content

Transition Unit: Role for unit and Ideas for project

With this new transition unit, we had a choice on what to focus on for our project. However, we had to make sure that the role that we were in for the project was the role that we would be undertaking for our third year project. We could either choose a piece of television or film to re create in our own style, or if we wanted to be a script writer, write a script, which could be something new, or added onto an existing piece, for example write a script for a new episode of a television series. 

We had to base our project off of some already existing work to draw inspiration from it, such as techniques used in the shots or script, and try and use them in our own projects.

The role that I wanted to undertake for this project was a camera operator, as I had grown to enjoy that role more due to my time on a camera for our 'As Live' Studio Production unit.  However, I asked several people if they needed a camera operator on their project, and they said that they had already got one. Because of this, I had to take my second role choice, which was editor. I have enjoyed editing in the past, but it has only been for my own projects, not as part of a group. Because of this, I was nervous, but willing to take the challenge.

The idea that brought me and the two other people in my group, Jack Whiteley and George Wing, together was making a music video for the song 'Changes', which was originally sung by Ozzy Osbourne, but has had various covers, such as him singing it with his daughter Kelly, which has some of the lyrics changed, plus a version by Eminem. We wanted to choose a version and create a music video for it, as none of these three were accompanied with one. 

This was the idea for some time, until we decided to change it to shooting a couple of scenes from the show "The Wrong Mans', starring James Corden and Matthew Baynton. I hadn't seen this series, so I watched a few episodes and it looks quite good. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and