Skip to main content

Transition Unit: Editing Research

In order to improve my editing potential for this project, I needed to do some research into various editing techniques. This was interesting to do, as I had not done much advanced editing before, and I also found out the names of various cut types that I had used before, but did not know the name of them. 

One website that I found useful was a website called The Beat, which was really helpful due to the information being in bitesized chunks, while including quite a lot of information, so was easy to read and understand. Plus, thew videos that accompanied the points made were very useful, and some of them included well known examples, like Fight club and Skyfall. 

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/8-essential-cuts-every-editor-should-know/

I also watched some youtube videos to help me understand the editing process more, which was also very helpful. One idea that George Wing, the Director of the project, had was to have a transition to another shot within the eye of one of the characters in our project. This was going to be a big challenge to me, as I had not tried to edit a shot like this before. However, I found a video on Youtube that will be very helpful when I come to editing that segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffTZ9ZacmlM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and