Skip to main content

'As Live' Studio Production: Rehearsal Day 4


This rehearsal day was very fun, as we had some people to be the live audience, which added a sense of realism to the show. We also tried shooting this with the set marked in a different position, in order to see where it works better, and how easy or difficult it would be for the cameras to get the shots that they need.

As my camera has been on wheels for all of the rehearsals, it makes it very easy to move to a new position quickly. This was useful, as there were a few shots that my camera needed to do that were very different to each other in terms of angle and framing, so the wheels on the tripod helped greatly.


There were some problems during the rehearsal though, but they weren't technical. It was the fact that the camera operators were having a hard time trying to imagine where the audience would be, and how far the seats would be going back. There was also the problem of the cables connecting the cameras to the gallery screens. As we did not have a full audience layout, we noticed that the cables would probably be cutting through the audience members, which can't happen in the live show.


We managed to get through the whole show during this rehearsal day, but we had to do it in two parts, which made it easier to shoot, as it was more manageable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and