Skip to main content

Fiction adaptation: Editing successes and problems

The editing for this project was hard in some places, due to me trying some new editing techniques, such as colour correcting my shots. I have not done much colour correcting on my previous projects, so it was difficult at first, as I was learning as I went along. Some shots were more difficult to colour correct than others, due to the shots being one after another, but were shot at different times of the day, so the light levels were different. This made colour correcting difficult as it was much harder to have the colours match between shots. 

Another problem during the edit was the audio. There are some clips that have people talking in the background, which is very annoying. It was quite difficult to remove the sound, while still keeping the natural background noise. If I was to do this project again, i would buy better headphones so that I can hear the audio better, and hopefully improve my editing

There were several things that went well during my edit as well. I was able to cut some of the clips so that they match up perfectly, as well as dramatically increase the quality of some of the shots by colour correcting. This helped bring the overall quality of the storey told up, and makes it more engaging for the audience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and