Skip to main content

Documentary unit: Research for project

Useful stats

  • Tanya Goodin (founder of one of the UK's first digital detox companies) carried out a survey of more than 500 young people aged 13 to 18. Of those, 29% said they spent more than eight hours a day online while 36% admitted they regularly fell asleep with their phone or laptop in bed. Two-thirds (67%) said they went to their phone when they were bored and nearly 60% revealed they used their phone as a crutch in an uncomfortable social situation. (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/01/digital-detox-teenagers-pioneering-camp)
  • UK children spend 6 1/2 hours a day on screens - 39% of UK children say they sometimes communicate with their parents by text, email and social media whilst 
  • communicate with their parents by text, email and social media whilst being at home at the same time 

It was at this point that our idea changed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and