Skip to main content

Documentary unit: pieces to camera

After a thrill the chemical dopamine is released, which acts like a natural high. so it's easy to see why people chase it. It is thought that adrenaline junkies, or sensation seekers, get a larger
amount of dopamine than people who have low sensation seeking behaviour.
Roller coasters are one of the most popular thrill attractions. They still make us feel
apprehensive, even though the chance of being injured is only 1 in 24 million.

I’m here at the London Tombs to meet Kirsty, who has worked here for 5 and a half years to see
what she can tell me about fear.
So the tombs were definitely a more interactive and simulated horror experience, and i'm
starting to get a feel for it, but i still want a more extreme feeling. So Im meeting Jackie, a
seasoned adrenaline junkie, to see why she keeps coming back for more.
I quite like health and safety, but i don't think Jackie does. So maybe that's why she is much more relaxed than i am about this jump. I definitely feel a lot more fear than i ever had in a theme park or horror maze, but this just feels more ‘ real’. This is the closest i could get to facing our most instinctual fear, falling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and