Skip to main content

Third Year: Pre-production Ideas

I have had several ideas on what to do for my third year Major project, which do differ from one another. My first idea was about a set of twins that go out together one day, but one of them accidentally kills the other, so gets rid of their body and then takes on the life of their twin, while trying to live their own life as well. Over time, the living twin would get very deep into the twin's life, even having to marry the dead twin's fiancé. One twist I thought I could make with this idea is that one twin hasn't seen the family for years, due to problems with drug use, while the other twin has become relatively successful. They meet for the first time in years, and it is the successful twin that is killed, so the drug addict twin has to try and sober up and take the role of their twin.

Another idea was on the importance of stories, and how passing on stories of your life to people is key in society. I have heard numerous stories from family and friends, and the idea came about due to me thinking that these stories are lost when the person who tells them either dies or cannot recall them, so they need to be told and passed on.

However, the idea that I am going to go through with for my third year major project is a documentary on a small club at a church in Sittingbourne, where I live. The club is called The Lunch club, and is run solely by volunteers who want to help the older generation in the town to get out more and rejoin society.

The volunteers make the food that is served at home, and a lunch at the club consists of a main course, dessert, and tea or coffee, all for the price of just £3, and the money raised goes to charity.

I chose to do my Major Project on this topic as my nan used to volunteer there, but unfortunately she died earlier this year, so I wanted to do something in her memory, and she often talked about it, which made me think that the club may be more important than people think, and I feel that it needs to be shown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Documentary unit: Script first draft

Documentary unit: Interview questions

 Kirsty interview Jackie interview

3rd Year Main Project: Pre-Production - Evaluation

Throughout the pre-production and production for my documentary, there are many things that I could have done better, but there are things that went really well. I feel like I managed to overcome the challenges that arose in a good manner, and also made some decisions that led to some very good results. The first thing that I could have done better is doing more thorough research, and trying harder to contact people from the club outside of club hours. If I had done this sooner, then I would have a better portfolio of more people who attend the club. I did manage to interview quite a few people at the club, both volunteer and customer, so I feel like I still had quite a good range of opinions, however it would have been good to broaden the types of questions that I asked them, such as what they did before coming to the club, or how they heard about the club. I feel like this would have been better to do as then the audience could build up more of a relationship to the characters, and